Cappfinity-Style Verbal Reasoning Tests
Cappfinity is a psychometric test publisher and business measurement consultancy company.
Page contents:Jump to:
Note: AssessmentDay and its products are not affiliated with Cappfinity. Our practice tests are intended only for candidate preparation, not for employee selection.
Cappfinity-Style Verbal Reasoning Video Tutorial
The following video is our tutorial for Cappfinity style verbal questions whereby we guide you through some of the typical concepts present in these type of questions:
Cappfinity assessments and how they work
Cappfinity is a psychometric test publisher and business measurement consultancy company. 'Capp' are a well-known brand in the UK, but you may start seeing them as Cappfinity as they take on their US name to achieve a single global identity - it's still the same publisher, they just rebranded.
If you are applying to a company that uses Cappfinity tests you need to be aware that they're quite different from other publishers such as Talent Q and Saville Assessment. The format of Cappfinity tests differs from most other aptitude test assessments as there is no strict time limit. Instead, the time taken for you to complete the tests is measured (along with the accuracy of your answers). You are free to progress from question to question in your own time, although you will be rewarded for taking less time. The most commonly used Cappfinity assessments are there numerical, verbal and critical reasoning tests:
- Cappfinity numerical reasoning tests: Time recorded, not time limited. Three styles of numerical question in one test (pick, type, and rank). See below for more details.
- Cappfinity verbal reasoning tests: Time recorded, not time limited. Five styles of verbal question in one test (styles of communication, missing words, corrections, rank statements). See below for more details.
- Cappfinity critical reasoning tests: Time recorded, not time limited. Five styles of critical thinking question in one test (logical conclusions, beyond reasonable doubt conclusions, arguments, true/false/cannot say, assumptions). See below for more details.
Free example Cappfinity-style verbal reasoning tests
Cappfinity offer numerous psychometric tests, the most common are those used by Jobmi, which are the Numerical, Verbal and Critical Reasoning tests, which form part of Cappfinity's strengths-based attraction. Notable companies who employ Cappfinity tests are Deloitte, EY and Jobmi. Their main tests are described below:
Free Practice Cappfinity-Style Verbal Reasoning TestFree
This free verbal reasoning test contains 5 sets of questions and has no time limit. This test is rated as medium and is about the same difficulty as real Cappfinity verbal tests graduate employers use.
Cappfinity Verbal Reasoning Test 1Premium
- 15 questions
- no time limit
Cappfinity Verbal Reasoning Test 2Premium
Cappfinity Verbal Reasoning Test 3Premium
Cappfinity Verbal Reasoning Test 4Premium
Test Partnership also have a free practice verbal reasoning test.
What makes a Cappfinity verbal reasoning test special?
Cappfinity verbal reasoning tests are a special mix of various question types that assess different verbal skills. The format of Cappfinity tests differs from most other aptitude test assessments as there is no strict time limit. Instead, the time taken for you to complete the tests is measured. This allows the questions to typically be a lot more verbally challenging or more time-consuming than other psychometric verbal reasoning tests. They can be most challenging.
- Drag-Drop: This question type requires you to determine which category the given responses fit into to. The categories fit archetypes of language, typically polite or casual. You must read the nuance of language, this could be flourishes, expressions, or even adjectives that help identify the appropriate category.
- Drop Down Passage: This question type requires you to input the correct answer from the given drop down answers. You will need to understand the context of the phrases and find the word that is most appropriate.
- Edit Passage: This question type requires you to determine the correct answer and input it directly. The ability to identify and correct common errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar is essential for ensuring accurate written communication.You should correct only the mistakes that you find; you should not try to adapt the text more generally.
- Rank: This question type requires you to determine the correct ranking of the given phrases in the question, typically from most positive to least.
- Multiple Choice: This question type requires you to determine the whether the statements about the passage given are true, false or cannot say.
Cappfinity's style of questions is quite unique compared with many other test publishers. Each of the 5 types you can expect to encounter whilst sitting their numerical and verbal reasoning assessments are analysed below:
- Multiple Choice: Simple choice of picking ONE of multiple answers you are presented with.
- Drop-down Multiple Choice: This follows exactly the same logic as a Multiple Choice question, except all of the options available will be revealed to you once you've clicked the drop-down box. This is used when you need to answer multiple questions which utilise the same numerical data or verbal information.
- Rank: This is a format not seen often. Click and drag each of the answer options until you think you've correctly sorted the choices given to you according to the question.
- Text Field: A blank text field is displayed to you and you must enter your answer here as alphanumerical characters. This drastically reduces the chances you have to guess the answer.
- Drag-and-drop: Similar to rank, in that you will be required to sort your answers by clicking and dragging. However, you will not be required to sort via ascending/descending order, but whether each answer option belongs to a certain category or not.
Preparing for Cappfinity psychometric tests
The Cappfinity website has a select number of practice tests which candidates can take to see what their tests are like for Verbal, Numerical and Critical reasoning and Situational Strengths.
AssessmentDay also have practice tests which are similar to the style of Cappfinity tests. AssessmentDay have, amongst other types, numerical reasoning tips, verbal reasoning tips to prepare yourself.situational judgement tests.
Other test publishers...
You may also be interested in these popular tests sections.