Note: AssessmentDay and its products are not affiliated with Cappfinity. Our practice tests are intended only for candidate preparation, not for employee selection.
Cappfinity assessments and how they work
Cappfinity is a psychometric test publisher and business measurement consultancy company. 'Capp' are a well-known brand in the UK, but you may start seeing them as Cappfinity as they take on their US name to achieve a single global identity - it's still the same publisher, they just rebranded.
Cappfinity tests are quite different to the usual style of aptitude test you might be used to. If you are familiar with other publishers such as SHL and Saville Assessment, you might get a shock when you come to take your Cappfinity test. The format of Cappfinity tests differs from most other aptitude test assessments as there is no strict time limit. Instead, the time taken for you to complete the tests is measured. You are free to progress from question to question in your own time. The most commonly used Cappfinity assessments are there numerical, verbal and critical reasoning tests:
- Cappfinity numerical reasoning tests: Time recorded, not time limited. Three styles of numerical question in one test (pick, type, and rank). See below for more details.
- Cappfinity verbal reasoning tests: Time recorded, not time limited. Five styles of verbal question in one test (styles of communication, missing words, corrections, rank statements). See below for more details.
- Cappfinity critical reasoning tests: Time recorded, not time limited. Five styles of critical thinking question in one test (logical conclusions, beyond reasonable doubt conclusions, arguments, true/false/cannot say, assumptions). See below for more details.
Free example Cappfinity-Style numerical reasoning tests
Try one of our free tests to see how they help you improve.
Free Practice Cappfinity-Style Numerical Reasoning Test
This free numerical reasoning test contains 8 questions and has no time limit. This test is rated as medium and is about the same difficulty as real Cappfinity numerical tests graduate employers use.
What makes a Cappfinity numerical reasoning test special?
Cappfinity numerical reasoning tests are a special mix of various question types that assess different numerical skills. The format of Cappfinity tests differs from most other aptitude test assessments as there is no strict time limit. Instead, the time taken for you to complete the tests is measured. This allows the questions to typically be a lot of numerically challenging or more time-consuming than on other psychometric numerical reasoning tests. They can be most challenging.
- Rank: This question type requires you to determine the correct ranking of variables in the question, typically from highest to lowest. For example, the question may ask you which company makes the most money. You will then have to work out the respective earnings for each company given and rank them accordingly.
- Insert: This question type requires you to input the correct answer directly. This typically increases the difficultly by increasing the potential margin for error. You must give precisely the right answer in order to be correct.
- Pick: This question type requires you to determine which the correct answer from a given list. This is essentially a multiple choice question which is a familiar staple of the numerical reasoning test types.
Cappfinity's style of questions is quite unique compared with many other test publishers. Each of the 5 types you can expect to encounter during their numerical, verbal and critical reasoning assessments are analysed below:
- Multiple Choice:Simple choice of picking ONE of multiple answers you are presented with.
- Drop-down Multiple Choice:This follows exactly the same logic as a Multiple Choice question, except all of the options available will be revealed to you once you've clicked the drop-down box. This is used when you need to answer multiple questions which utilise the same numerical data or verbal information.
- Rank:This is a format not seen often. Click and drag each of the answer options until you think you've correctly sorted the choices given to you according to the question.
- Text Field:A blank text field is displayed to you and you must enter your answer here as alphanumerical characters. This drastically reduces the chances you have to guess the answer.
- Drag-and-drop:Similar to rank, in that you will be required to sort your answers by clicking and dragging. However, you will not be required to sort via ascending/descending order, but whether each answer option belongs to a certain category or not.
Preparing for Cappfinity psychometric tests
You can visitCappfinity to see more about them. They have a limited number of practice tests and sometimes run trials of new tests which are open for candidates to trial.
AssessmentDay offers numerous numerical and verbal Cappfinity-style practice tests, presenting you with a method of practice and preparation before undertaking a Cappfinity ability test. Ensuring you are fully prepared beforehand will maximize your chances of performing highly on these tests because you will be less anxious and able to show your true ability. We also have numerical reasoning test tips to help your test performance.
Other test publishers
You may also be interested in these popular tests sections.