Cubiks is an international HR consultancy that publishes numerous psychometric/ability tests for its client companies. Cubiks has offices and partners around the world, including Europe, north America, Asia and the middle east. Cubiks is a global consultancy, and candidates across the globe may encounter a Cubiks psychometric test during their job search, and application processes.
Cubiks ability tests
Cubiks offers numerous psychometric tests, the most common of which is the Cubiks Reasoning for Business test, which is likely to be encountered during assessment for recruitment. Other tests such as problem solving are also described below:
- Verbal reasoning for business: The verbal reasoning for business test, aimed at managers and graduates is 20 minutes long and has 44 items; the test aimed at business support workers is 20 minutes long and has 42 items. This test may be unsupervised online, or may be supervised at an assessment centre. This test assessed an individual's ability to comprehend written information and to understand the logic of written arguments. This written information will in the form of business orientated data relevant to the workplace.
- Numerical reasoning for business: The numerical reasoning for business test for managers and graduates lasts 25 minutes and has 28 items; the support worker version of this test lasts 20 minutes and has 30 items. This assessment measures an individual's ability to analyse numerical data using basic numerical and computational skills, relevant to the workplace. Data will be presented in the form of graphs, diagrams and statistical tables.
- iagrammatic reasoning for business: The management/graduate version of this test lasts 30 minutes and has 60 items. This test measures an individual's ability to analyse and draw logical inferences from diagrammatic data. This is done by identifying patterns in diagrams, and identifying a missing, or following diagram in the series.
- Problem solving tests: These tests have been designed to assess how accurately a candidate solves new problems. It will contain both numerical and verbal problems. These problems may involve, antonyms, deviation from category, pairs of concepts, verbal analogy, logical reasoning, series of numbers and simple/complex calculations.
Cubiks personality questionnaires
SHL also provide personality and motivational questionnaires, both paper and pencil and online for candidate assessment or development. These personality tests are designed to assess your preferences in the workplace, and explore your personal style of working, there is no right or wrong answers with these tests and candidates will not be timed. An example of an SHL personality questionnaire is shown below:
- Personality and preferences inventory (PAPI): The PAPI is a personality assessment used to identify workplace behaviour and preferred work styles. The information gained from this test is then complied into a report, identifying areas for development, strengths and insights into the candidate’s personality. This test will be encountered during later stages of the recruitment process and in staff development.
- Cubiks in-depth personality questionnaire CIPQ: The CIPQ is an in-depth personality self-report questionnaire designed to assess the aspects of a candidate’s personality. Based on the big 5 personality traits, this report is often combined with the PAPI to provide a deep understanding of a candidates behaviour and personality.
Preparing for a Cubiks test
The Cubiks website has a small number of practice tests which candidates can take to see what their tests are like.
AssessmentDay also have practice tests which are similar to the style of psychometric tests employers use in recruitment. AssessmentDay have, amongst other types, numerical, verbal and inductive practice questions which is really helpful if you are a test-taker needing to prepare for taking a psychometric test. At AssessmentDay candidates have the opportunity to practice as much as they need to, ensuring they are given the best opportunity to show their true ability under test conditions.